Preparation Before Purging
- Keep temperature settings constant.
- Maintain resin flow rate.
Purging The Machine
- Stop resin feed.
- Empty machine.
- Remove screen pack (recommended but optional).
- Add Purgex to the machine.
Rule of Thumb: Use 15 lbs of Purgex per 100 lbs of throughput. Note that after Purgex is used on a regular basis, the amount of Purgex used to purge can be reduced by 25 to 50%.
- When Purgex begins to exit the die, stop screw rotation.
Optional: Soak Purgex in the machine for 5 to 15 minutes for first time purging or heavily contaminated lines.
- Follow with next resin to rinse out Purgex (for about 5 minutes).
- When resin appears clean and smooth, install screen pack (if removed in step 3).
- Begin production.
- Maintain as close to production speed as possible when purging.
- When restarting the screw, monitor pressure and amp meters as screw speed is increased to standard operating speed.
Questions? Call our Technical Support team at (800) 803-6242.