Note: When purging the barrel and screw for first time with Purgex, use 3 times the injection capacity. When routinely purging with Purgex, use 1-1/2 times the injection capacity.
Preparation Before Purging
- Increase heaters in inlet zone by 50°F (10°C).
- Empty resin from machine.
- Clean mixing chamber and top of feed throat with a cleaner/degreaser to remove any liquid colorant deposits.
- Load PURGEX into hopper.
- Retract carriage.
- Clean nozzle and sprue bushing.
Purging The Machine
- Adjust shot size to 25% of injection capacity.
Note: The setting change in Step 1 is recommended because it assists Purgex in working more effectively and efficiently.
- In manual mode, purge out barrel and screw with Purgex (approximately 2 to 3 injection capacities).
- With about one half (½) an injection capacity of Purgex still in barrel, stop and thoroughly clean hopper and/or colorant blender.
- Turn on material flow and add next production resin to hopper and/or colorant blender.
- Seat nozzle into sprue bushing.
- Prepare machine for next production run.
- Begin production.
Comments & Recommendations:
Additional purging with Purgex and/or a soak time of 3 to 5 minutes may be required.
Questions? Call our Technical Support team at (800) 803-6242.