This procedure is designed to reduce the time and labor required to prepare an injection molding machine for extended shutdown.
Prior To Pulling The Screw
- Turn off resin and colorant.
- Empty remaining resin from the barrel and screw.
- Load PURGEX into the hopper, using 1-1/2 times the injection capacity.
- Purge two shots from the barrel and soak for 5 minutes.
- In manual mode, empty the barrel of the remaining Purgex (do not load any material to the hopper).
- Before pulling the screw, allow screw temperatures to fall to plant safety requirements.
Why Purge Before Pulling The Screw?
- Purgex contains lubricating agents which help to easily remove Purgex from the machine. These lubricants will also assist in more easily pulling the screw.
- With contaminant deposits removed less force will be required to pull the screw.
- Trouble-free removal of residual Purgex from the screw; it will simply peel off.
Questions? Call our Technical Support team at (800) 803-6242.